Wednesday, November 24, 2010

To Geniuses

I used to be kind of smart. Yeah, not brilliant, or genius, but sort of a  little bit smart kind of in a way. For a while there, I knew what I was doing. A little. But then I decided that being smart was overrated, and that acting like a plumb fool results in so much more excitement and happiness! I enjoy dangerous, stupid things that carry a 100% chance of adventure, and a 250% chance of finding yourself in extremely deep, bad, dangerous trouble.

So, if you are one of those genius people who does smart things, and avoids activities such as climbing a forty foot tree on branches the thickness of your pinkie finger, I have a message for you: Stay out of my world. Please. The please is important. Mustn't forget the please. See, you will advise me about the dangers of whatever stupid thing I decide to do. You will reveal to me that it is a serious waste of time to search random things on the internet and follow random links. Sure, that safe and comfy lifestyle works well for you, and I sort of respect that. And I'm willing to do work and be sort of maybe smart - or at least try - when it comes to math and science. Adventure, however, requires bravery and dumbness, and I whole-heartedly try to embrace adventure. So I can respect that you are smart and comfy and safe because of it.
But I'd personally prefer to be reckless and dangerous and stupid and time wasting.
So stay off of my blog if you're going to put up any protest to my dumbness and time wasting and dangerousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment